Action of the Month
World Aids Day, 1st December
World AIDS day is on December 1st. Whilst globally much progress has been made in treating HIV/AIDS, there is still a lot left to do in both tackling the disease itself and the stigma surrounding it. This month we'd like you to get involved at your branches.
- Share world AIDS day posts through social media and twitter #worldaidsday #weartheredribbon
- Promote local fundraising events, quizzes etc. through social media
- Host a discussion about one of the articles in the most recent edition of the Lancet HIV, available here
- Host a film screening and discussion at your branch. There are plenty of films about HIV/AIDS that are interesting, thought provoking and sure to start a discussion.
- Write a short blog post about HIV/AIDS. Why not write about global progress made towards MDG6 or issues relating to the stigmatisation of the disease?
For all previous entries, click here.